iPod touch got stolen :(:(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Austin2048, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

hey everyone.... my iPod touch got stolen today. im real depressed about it :( is there anything i can do about it besides checking craigslist for an iPod touch for sale with a cracked screen, pretend to be a buyer and compare serial numbers? thats my only idea. the kid lives in me neighbor hood and i know what one of his friends looks like cuz he was talkin to me. i know there isnt much i can do

2. buxtone17 macrumors regular

Does that mean you know who stole it? If so, there are several things you can do:

1. Go get it back from him.
    2. Tell his parents.
    3. Tell the cops (theft is theft, no matter how small).

3. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

i dont really KNOW him. there were like 3 kids that walked past me when i was driving my T Maxx. my iPod was in my tool box. one kid walked up to me and i saw his face. i wasnt able to see my tool box and i bet they told the kid to talk to me and distract me so they could steal my iPod. i think i have the kid's myspace that was talkin to me

4. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

I'm not saying that you're wrong to be depressed and what's not, but I think that you're making a huge assumption. Just because you see three children, and one comes up to talk to you, doesn't mean that they stole it. Maybe you misplaced it or something.
    I'm only saying that because assuming that they stole it is kind of wrong, and making a "bet" that they made up that plan to take your iPod. How would that know that it's in there? Just saying. Hope everything works out for you though.

5. Scippy macrumors regular

Can't you have apple blacklist it or something, where if they try to go to apple to get it fixed it gets flagged as stolen?

6. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

that is a really good idea since the screen is cracked. how do i do that? ive never heard of doing that before.

this really sucks. it feels like part of me has died. that iPod was my life

7. macbook yes macrumors 6502

An ipod with a broken screen was your life? Most people take better care of thier lives.

8. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i would suggest going to a corner and crying. but if ur ready, find out who was in the group that "stole" your touch.

9. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

its 2 tiny cracks. it doesnt affect it at all and yes, its like my life and im trying to find out who they are. they look like they are in middle school. my sister is in middle school and knows a lot of kids so she said if any of her friends get an iPod touch she will check it out for me. i told her to look for a cracked screen and a sanded back

10. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

11. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

An electronic device is not your life. Once you get a job you will realize that it takes about 16 hours (2 days) worth of work to earn enough money for an iPod Touch. If those 2 days allow you to purchase something that is your life, I feel sorry for you.

12. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

but it is my life. i have EVERYTHING on there. all my emails, all of my instant messenger accounts, all of my contacts, calendar events, twitter, myspace, facebook, and a lot more. all of those passwords and everything are saved on there. i had tons of notes saved in the note pad. and on top of all that i spent a long time getting my theme perfect

13. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

Oh. Well. You didn't mention previously that you had spent such a long time getting the theme right. That's obviously a showstopper.

I think it might be time to build that metaphorical bridge...

14. Silencer macrumors member

Silencer

I would be too frustrated if something that had all my personal data on it stolen. The only thing you can do is change all your passwords and inform your close friends incase the thief tries to impersonate you.

Look on the bright side you can now buy a 3rd gen iPod touch when its comes out.

15. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

I was gonna sell my second gen for the third gen >.>

how do I blacklist it like scippy said?

16. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Blacklist? Apple doesn't keep records like this. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2526

And you were going to sell a iPod with a cracked screen for the money to get a 3rd gen? The thing is in rough shape it sounds like, it didn't set you that far back as its not even worth much to begin with.

17. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

well of course i was gonna fix it before i sold it