Ipod Touch Has Full Battery but wont turn on!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Manikstor, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Manikstor macrumors member

so my ipod touch has full battery, but it won't turn on the only way i get it to turn on is if i connect it to my pc then it starts up, and when i do so it shows me that it has full battery. what do you think is the problem.

i dont wanna take it to the apple store again this would be my 3rd trip for a different reason.. its crazyy idk why is doing this, i can hold the power button for hrs but it wont go on.. nothing works unless i connect it to the pc.

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Apple Store.

But have you tried following the instructions to do a full restore and set it up as new?

3. Manikstor thread starter macrumors member

that seems to be apple store solution deleting everything and starting new! but i don't like that because i have my hw in there.. bank balance's etc a lot of stuff that i would prefer not to be deleted!

has this ever happen to anyone i guess ill have to go to the apple store..

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

It's a basic flaw in there approach to the backups. The app data needs to be separate like on the palm. Losing everything when you have to start over is wrong - and shortsighted in the PDA aspect. I can't get mine replaced until i do a full restore - but i have one app that i'm not keen on retyping all the data in (i can export the data, just not import it yet, waiting on the developer).

But i think you could do a full backup - save that file somewhere, do the restore. If it works, then, restore from your backup? Maybe?

I might try this myself - but i can't schedule it in until wednesday at the earliest.

So I truly feel your pain.... but considering you can't use yours, i'm not sure you have a lot of option here. (i just have a significant amount of safari crashes)