Ipod Touch Has Red Background, I think its Broken (Picture Included)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by destined2shine, Jun 1, 2008.

1. destined2shine macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i just turned on my Jail Broken touch and the screen went all white for a few minutes. Now everything is working but the screen has a red background. i can see my icons and play my music but the screen has a red undertone.

Does anyone have any idea what this is or how to fix it. And its the whole screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Can you upload a picture? I'm having trouble visualizing this.

3. destined2shine thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

check it out. I have no idea how this happened. It hasnt been in the sun or nothing.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Try restoring it. Something might be messed up in the software. It's not the hardware, because all of your icons retain their normal colors.

5. destined2shine thread starter macrumors newbie

If I restore it, will i lose all of my music on there. That is my main concern i could give a damn about the programs. Im just tryin to brace myself for the worst here

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yes, but your music should also be on your computer.

7. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm assuming you haven't installed SummerBoard and set up a custom background or anything (not that I recall red being an option, anyway) ... just asking because you said that it still plays music and didn't mention anything else not working.

Unless, of course, it's out of control (bleeding through your icons?) or affects everything, even when you're not on the Home screen ... then just ignore me. :D

8. destined2shine thread starter macrumors newbie

I havent installed any springboards or wallpapers. I turned it on, the screen went white. It loaded up and now background is red on everything. Somebody help me, help me please.

If I do restore it, is there any way i can transfer my music to my pc...

9. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Everything that is on your iPod touch is in your iTunes library (unless you're using some sort of abnormal, hacked, syncing method). This includes video, and music - photos will be in your iPhoto library or relative folder.

Anything on your iPod touch that was not sent from the computer (i.e. purchases from the iTunes Wi-Fi store and images from an iPod Camera Connector) are not on the computer until you re-sync them.

This means that you can just resync again when your iPod is fixed.

However, incase you're hacked iPod has done something weird, I don't know what exactly, but if I were you, just incase, I'd resync them as you would normally before restoring your iPod. If this is not possible, just go ahead and restore it (unless someone on here knows otherwise - I don't have an iPod touch! :D)

Of course, images sent from a camera connector directly to the iPod will be lost unless they're safe on the camera/memory card. I think I'm right by saying that if you have purchased music from the Wi-Fi store on your iPod touch, and it is deleted before sync, I think you can re-download it on your Mac in the Advanced menu on iTunes, and then click 'Check for Downloads' or something like that. Don't hold me to that, I haven't done it myself! - But theoretically, it should work like clockwork - theoretically! :D

10. destined2shine thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, i restored my ipod, now i have no music and the screen is still red. This sucks. Am i the exception to the rule. Im the only person that has this problem in the history of Ipods. Just my luck.

11. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Your music will be on your computer.

As for the problem with the screen - this is why they have warranties. Go get yourself a new one.

12. destined2shine thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought this from best buy around christmas time, should i go through them or apple directly.

I have an apple store nearby as well. What do you think is the best option fo rme.

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Apple directly. No questions.

14. m005e macrumors newbie

Go to the Apple Store, a lot less hassle