ipod touch headphone problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by rollecoasterfan, Jul 20, 2009.

1. rollecoasterfan macrumors newbie

For the past few months, I have been having a problem with my ipod touch (first generation) headphone jack. When I plug headphones into it, sound does not come out of the left side. If I wiggle the headphones, it will come out of the left, but only until I let go. (sound comes out of the right side perfectly) This has finally bugged me enough, so I am taking it to the apple store to see if they can do anything about it next week. Does anyone know how to fix this? What about apple… I don’t have insurance, so will they not do anything to it for free (other than look at it)?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have you tried a different headphone?

If it's the same with all headphones, then you could take it into Apple, and they'll tell you if they can fix it, and how much it will cost. I suspect, however, that the repair cost would be pretty high, and you might be better off getting a new one.

3. rollecoasterfan thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried it with multiple headphones. I intend to get the third generation touch when it comes out, so if the repair cost is high I can live with the problem for a few months.