iPod Touch Help...Need help negotiating with Apple!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dascorp, Oct 13, 2008.

1. dascorp macrumors newbie

I just bought a new iPod touch like a few weeks ago, and then nearly a day after I bought it, Apple came out with a new one with built-in speakers, and volume buttons (found here: http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/whatsnew.... Is there any way I can trade mine in (very lightly used) for a new one, even if it means surrendering like 50 bucks? I know that my friend got a new ipod because his had a glitch, and this may sound bad, but is there any way I can cause one?!?!

Apple gave me no notification of this upcoming release, and I am really pissed, because that is the one thing I wanted in my Touch (the speakers)

Thanks!

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I could be wrong, but I believe you had 14 days to return or exchange the device. Apple has a good track record of honoring such exchanges, however I believe this time has now elapsed (the current iPod touch has been out for longer than 14 days now).

[​IMG]

3. dascorp thread starter macrumors newbie

4. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Since the time has past, you can't exchange the iPod for a new one. And Apple wouldn't have told you, "Psst... Hey, we're releasing a new one tomorrow so hold off until tomorrow." They would have lost sales and that's why the have a return policy.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

No company can run around discouraging customers from buying their products because something new is on the horizon; in the world of technology, there is always something new around the corner. Even a minimal amount of research on the internet would have shown that Apple typically updates this sort of stuff in late summer/early autumn. Companies cannot be giving out consolation prizes to those who didn't play the game in their own favour; they'd flop much faster, especially in this economy. It's your responsibility to know what you're buying, not someone else's job to predict your future complaints and address them.

6. chrisjonny macrumors member

chrisjonny

Well you had the chance to return it which you didn't and if you would of looked on most tech sites (here, gizmodo.com,engadget.com.modmyi.com,etc...) you would have knew a new one was coming out . Not trying to be negative though they sell external speakers;)

7. mac88 macrumors 6502

Sorry, but 14 days is all they give you. Try talking to a manager, see if this would help.

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

If your iPod "gets a glitch" after the 14-day return policy, they will replace it with the same generation model. i.e. you'll get another first-generation touch, not a new second generation touch

www.craigslist.com