iPod Touch Help - Please Look

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iHey, Jul 15, 2009.

1. iHey macrumors newbie

Hey,

I got a second generation iPod Touch a couple months ago. And everything was going smoothly. Until about a week ago my iPod ran out of battery so I plugged it in my Xbox 360 so it can get some battery while I play. I think I stepped on the cord, resulting in the cord coming out of the iPod in a few seconds. I turned on my iPod and it said please connect to iTunes. I was confused but I went to restore it and normally restoring, then I got a message saying something like “Apple cannot restore this iPod. Unknown “error 6” Then I return to the please connect to iTunes screen and it says please restore when I connect it to my computer. It just keeps on repeating this process. My iPod is not Jail Broken, and it runs/ran on 2.2.1 (I think), and my computer’s operating system is Windows XP.

I tried the following:

• Restarting the computer
    • Restarting the iPod
    • Completely take everything related to iTunes out of my computer, and re-installing.
    • A different USB cable
    • A different USB port
    • A different computer

Please if you guys/girls can help that’ll be great. Thanks in advance everyone, and I hope you guys can help.

2. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

Try putting it into DFU mode and try restoring then.

3. iHey thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I do that?

4. celticpride678

5. iHey thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to restore in DFU mode, but still no luck. I get the same error message.