iPod Touch HELP! Please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WatchMeHop, Jun 30, 2008.

1. WatchMeHop macrumors newbie

So here's the thing.

Just as always, I plugged in my iPod Touch to this cr@p pc at where I live. I played songs. Nothing was out of place.

Then, I closed my iTunes because it was slowing down the computer because I had Photoshop on too.

When I checked my iPod after a few minutes, MY WHOLE MUSIC LIBRARY WAS GONE! ALL 1500+ SONGS and A FEW VIDEOS!

I am panicking right now. I don't know what to do.

What's confusing is, the memory of the iPod still reads 6gigs of "OTHERS". And a few MB of photos (which were still there). I'm guessing the 6gig "OTHERS" is my music.

But how do I get it back when it doesn't show on my iTunes library or in my iPod?

HELP HELP HELP.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I don't think you've can, for some reason all your files have become corrupted and therefore the iPod doesn't recognise them. The only solution is to restore, which will ultimately erase all the data and reinstall the firmware (which means you'll have to reload your music).

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if the option is there tick manually manage music and if the music shows when you click on Music on the left column in iTunes delete all the music and re-sync the device

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

That wouldn't help though, the iPod no longer recognises the music on the device so it can't be deleted via Manual sync.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

not necessarillay it may say other data but it reads specific folders for music and if theres music in them then the ipod may just show the music in itunes.

another option is to go to settings --> general --> (scroll down to bottom of menu) reset --> erase all contant and settings or reset all settings