Ipod touch help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by musicalchair, Mar 21, 2008.

1. musicalchair macrumors newbie

Earlier today, I jailbroke my ipod touch running firmware 1.1.4 with ziphone. Anyways, as I decided that I wanted to restore my ipod, I went back into ziphone and pressed the lock button. While I was doing this, I decided to leave the room and when I was back somehow my ipod was unplugged, in the middle of the process. Now Itunes nor ziphone will recognize my ipod. my ipod says at the end IOIpodUSBDevice :: gated_message cable removed, stopping stack. When I plug it back in it says at the end

IOIpodUSBDevice ::startIpodstack cant start! need configuration

any help would be appreciated!

Thank you for your time

2. pete44444444 macrumors member

You probably think your ipod is broken and your freaking out but don't worry. Nothing bad.

Step 1 Make sure your ipod is on and then plug it into the computer and open up itunes.

Step 2 Hold the power button and the home button at the same time untill the ipod turns off. (This should take about 10 or 15 seconds)

Step 3 Leaving your finger on the home button take your other finger off the power button.

Step 4 Now after holding down the home button for 5 or 10seconds the ipod should appear in itunes.

Step 5 Restore your ipod and tell me if this worked or not.

3. musicalchair thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried this the other day, and guess what? it worked. I love that itunes has backups of the ipods so that I may retreive all of my settings, songs, etc.

4. duRaes macrumors newbie

omfg, you just save my life... i runned ziphone, and it passes 3 minutes, and the installation doesnt complete. i disc my ipod touch from pc... appears the same error of musicalchair...

Thank you very much... you are genious...

P.S: Soz my bad english

5. artemka373 macrumors newbie

I tried to install plugin Ziphone v3.0 before they get (it was long), I have disabled USB. Maybe even because of the fact that I made Jailbreak ZiPhone v2.6c
    iPod Touch 8GB
    This not working. Image "iTunes + USB" 5 seconds.
    sorry, working:) i must hold home ~30seconds...

6. fatains macrumors newbie

it doesnt work for me i let the power and home buttons pressing or more than a minute and nothing happens i have the exact same problem the only difference is taht my buttons doesnt respond to me, i cant even turn off the ipod
    just letting the batterie die i really need help greets