Ipod Touch Help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheFrowningML, Aug 14, 2010.

1. TheFrowningML macrumors newbie

I went to charge my ipod today and I plugged it into the wall and it would not turn on like it normally should.I assumed it might be the USB cable and plugged it into my computer to make sure.Itunes popped up like it normally does whenever I plug in my ipod ,and it showed my ipod; it also said that my ipod was in recovery mode and that I should restore it.I tried to restore it,but I keep getting error 1600.My ipod also doesn't turn on nor does it show the apple signal or anything like that.

2. dockingbay94 macrumors regular

dockingbay94

just typed this in another thread:

plug the ipod into itunes. reset it by holding the home button and lock button down. once you see the screen go back keep holding down for about 8 seconds. after that let go of the lock button and keep holding the home button until itunes picks up the ipod in recovery mode. then you can restore it with no problem. if you see the apple logo come up you've held down for more than 8 seconds and try again.

this is called a dfu restore, if you do this and still get the same error its hardware failure. if it works it was software related.

3. 310396 macrumors newbie

Error 1600

This will sound pretty stupid and I can't explain it but it has got to be worth a try. My Itouch seemed ruined by Error 1600. In desperation, I blew hard down the plug socket, reconnected it to the usb and it fired up. After a while it crashes but by blowing hard down the opening(mouth around the Ithouch) it fires back up.

Maybe this will help or someone could explain why it half works.