iPod touch home button borked, Apple to replace, maybe new model iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zen, Sep 9, 2009.

1. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I can dream I guess :D

I have a refurb 2nd gen iPod touch (8GB), and for the past couple of days the home button hasn't worked. I take care of the device and it's not like I've jammed my thumb on the button and broken it.

Anyway, refurbs have a 1 year warrenty, I called Apple, and they're going to replace the whole thing for me.

So... what are the chances I might be a new iPod touch with camera, etc, assuming they are released today? I am assuming I'd get another 2nd gen 8GB refurb, but that would depend on availability, wouldn't it?

I'm just asking as I know of at least three people who had Macbook Pros that were replaced by Apple under warranty, but as their models had been updated in the interim they actually got the new release models.

Fingers-crossed I guess!

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Arent new models issued when poor service is given or there is a reoccuring problem with the model? If this is your first or second time with this issue, and they're replacing it with haste and courtesy, I see no reason they would give you a new gen iPod.

3. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

4. 00marks macrumors newbie

Keep dreaming :)

You'll get a 2G ipod touch as a replacement

5. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

Ah, dang! I had fun there for 5 minutes imagining a 3rd gen replacement!

Still, at least the home button will work on the new one, which is a step up from my current device :cool:

6. newkeyboard macrumors regular

It will be brand new, so it might be worth selling it and spending the little extra to upgrade....

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea Apple aren't Dell.
    (My 2005WFP (or something) monitor had a single dead pixel. I complained and got a brand spanking new 2007 model)