iPod Touch...How do I reorder my photos?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by al1cre, May 31, 2008.

1. al1cre macrumors member

How do I re-order the photos in my iPod Touch?
    I'm sure it's obvious to everyone except me.

Also, I don't suppose there's any way to save the map that I get with my Touch and still access it when I'm in my car and actually want to use the map?

Thank you.

2. Suanmiao macrumors member

To re-order you photos you just have re-order them in iphoto.
    "Map" will save your last Location or Direction search even after you got off a wi-fi spot.
    Cheers

3. al1cre thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a Mac, so the only way I found to reorder the pictures is to remove them from the synch folder and add them back in and synch individually in the order I want them.

Thanks again for the reply.

4. JDD15 macrumors newbie

reorder iTouch photos with sequential numbering

iTouch photos are synced from whatever folder you designate in the iTunes/iTouch sync preferences under the "Photos" tab. iTunes does not actually store the photos in any iTunes folder. To order them the way you want, simply modify the filenames of the photos with sequential numbering so that they are listed in the folder in the order you want them to appear on your iTouch. Then sync to iTouch and you should be set! Have a great day! JD

5. smarak macrumors newbie

Sequential names, problem anyway

I have my photos named "001 Description...", "002 ..." etc. and still was getting random ordering in my iPod Touch albums. I erased the photos by synching to an empty folder and set my songs to be ordered by name, then when I synched my real photos folder the order was correct.

Hope this helps.