iPod Touch/iCal/Google Calendar Syncing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by daveccentric, Dec 18, 2008.

1. daveccentric macrumors newbie

Hello (This is my first post, please don't hurt me),

I set up my iCal to sync with my google calendar using caldav and it works almost seamlessly. The problem is when I try to add items to my calendar on my iPod Touch (second gen.) rather than adding the event to the calendar that syncs with google calendar, it creates an entirely new calendar. Is there any way to prevent this from happening and realizing my dream of having one calendar across three platforms, or will I have to shell out some dough to facilitate this?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. theadz01 macrumors newbie

Sadly, no, not at the moment

Maybe one day - I'm hoping!

3. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Sadly, I don't know of any method, other than a service like MobileMe.

4. jmb667 macrumors regular

jmb667

An alternative would be to go to the mobile version of the Google calendar site and add your event that way. Tedious, but an option.

I personally add events to my touch, then when I get home I sync and open iCal and copy the event to the respective Google calendar. Come to think of it, that's tedious, too...

So either way, several steps, but there are options.

5. daveccentric thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I guess I'll have to resign myself to tedium. Thanks for your help.

6. Global2 macrumors newbie

davecentric, there is no need for such resignation. Assuming you have ready access to wifi to use with your Touch, what you want can easily be done using Nuevasync (www.nuevasync.com). And it is free.
    Nuevasync will sync over a wifi connection your Touch directly --and solely-- to your Google calendar. Meanwhile, you continue to synch your computer to Google using caldav. And there you go: your Google calendar will appear everywhere, no duplication of calendars at all.
    Global2