iPod Touch image quality

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sk8mash, Feb 10, 2008.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Why does the image quality of pictures get reduced when you sync them to the touch through iTunes, and is there any way to sync good quality pics to the touch?

Thanks to anyone who can help :p

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

To be able to fit 10 or 20 thousand photos on the device they reduce them to a size best suited for the screen. It sucks I know, it's too bad you can't choose to have full size images through a checkbox. Also all those resized images then take up space on your computer.

3. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Oh, that pretty much sucks. So theres no programs to get around it?

4. xanatos macrumors regular

anyone else getting a weird pixelization on the pictures. just with the black actually. well even the colors two. I've gone thru 2 now that have this spot grain black look to them.you could really see it in Notes.app.

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

It's odd, and perhaps typical of Apple as well. The multitouch works well for zooming, but images look like crap when zoomed - they certainly don't seem to be the original resolution, unless I'm doing something wrong.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=378582#5

Just because you don't know how, doesn't mean it's not possible.

7. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I realise there are all sorts of ways around it, but a clumsy workaround is not what I am after - indeed, it could be argued that the sole purpose of buying an iPod as opposed to players of superior performance is the smooth user experience.

I also tend to do the vast majority of my media in Windows and for that there is no solution that I'm aware of.

On the other hand it is depressingly predictable perhaps that the facility is not there, and as I've pointed out is indicative of the 'style over substance' nature of the exercise that the much-ballyhooed 'pinch' is in fact 'pinching' on the quality of the image that can be thus viewed.