iPod touch in colors? What do you think?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeighAnna Jones, Oct 12, 2010.

?

iPod touch in colors? Read post first please!

1. No

26 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Yes

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Cool Idea

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Maybe

14 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

iPod touch in color? What do you think?

Instead of black on the front, we could have red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and pink like the nano.

It might also be cool if the black part was customizable, like you could get cards with printed designs on them and replace the black with that.

Who thinks that this might be a cool idea?

2. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I like it. I have a maroon zune with pandas etched on the back. My boyfriend has a blue one with a robot etched on the back. It keeps us from getting them mixed up.

It would be especially helpful in households with more than one iPod touch.

3. LeighAnna Jones thread starter macrumors 6502

That makes sense, it would keep iPods from getting mixed up, and make them a bit more interesting.

4. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

Personally, I do not need color options, but if others do, why not. As long they maintain a black option. I have a different wallpaper on mine than my brother so they do not get mixed up. :cool:

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I don't dig the idea of colors at all, but if people want 'em, then why not.

My wife and I have different cases (and often she rocks it naked, easy boys) so we have no problem telling the difference on who's is who's.

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

As long as there are skins for it, it doesn't matter what color they are. My daughter's has a leopard print bezel and back.

7. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

8. Adibobea9 macrumors member

I don't like the idea of a colored front because I prefer the black frame for video viewing, however I have always liked the colored nano's aluminum bodies. So I would rather have the back be a different color.

Although now days, most ipods are hidden within a case to protect their weak frames and so you can actually hold onto it that it doesn't matter what it looks like…

9. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I personally don't see any harm in it. Maybe having the black (and white) one
    (s) at the stores, but you could order colored and etches online. I, personally wouldn't care whether there were colors or not, as long as the.... inactive screen is still black. I would be rockin it in a case, so unless I had a clear/translucent case it wouldn't matter.

10. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

Can u tell me where the phrase,"rocking it" originated? I see that phrase used in lieu of "use" or "carry". is it a youngster's "thing"?

11. Abscissa macrumors regular

Uhh...can you tell me why you feel the need to shorten the 3 letter word "you" to just "u"? Just asking. That's a "youngster's thing" or just someone who is far too lazy or illiterate.

Sorry, I just hate people who text, let alone type like that on a computer.

But yes, rocking it means using basically. Like "I'd rock those shoes" or "I'd rock that color shirt".

---
    In relation to the topic, I wanted something like the iPad back on my touch for the new gen. Didn't happen though. :(

12. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

"u" is quicker to type. :) (and...it gets the point across to people of ALL AGES)

I can assure you my literacy level is above that of the average person.

13. Abscissa macrumors regular

That's good, I wasn't personally judging you in any way. But you are correct using 'u' and 'r' do get the point across but make any post lose maturity and it some cases credibility. Just I don't see the hassle in typing 2 more letters that are right next to each other is much harder or really matters. Oh well, just saying.:)

14. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Not really a "youngster's thing," and I can't really think of another way to say rocking my iPod naked, unless I would say, I am using my iPod without a case/naked.
    Fiiinnnnne. :mad::mad::mad:

:p
    I don't see why you would need to do that. I don't even do that while texting, it is so annoying to see, non grammatically correct writing. But, if you like it more, more power to u. :D:)

15. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

Not only do I often type "u", I also neglect to use caps at the beginning of many sentences. it's just laziness-not a sign of a lack of credibility, stupidity, or my lineage. :)

16. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

LOL! it'll grow on U. Hehe!

17. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

But some people may take it that way. Shall we get back to topic please? :)

18. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

19. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

oh, yes, the topic is SO IMPORTANT, it's absolutely ESSENTIAL to keep it alive.

sigh....

20. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

21. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

:eek:
    Sorry? It would take up more of the mods time, and your time.

22. citizenal macrumors regular

23. joecottenfan33 macrumors newbie

Interesting, but I think I'd rather have the black/silver options, like the I-Pod Classic.

Or maybe red and blue sound intriguing, but not too "hot" colors.

24. MisturSrs macrumors newbie

I've been wishing for colored Aluminum Macbooks to replace the white ones, because who wouldn't want to choose from a rainbow of Macs?

Heck before the iPad came out I wanted them to make a netbook system that looked like the old iBook Clamshell but replace the plastic with aluminum and the rubber and logo are colored according to your color choice. The aluminum would either be a bright white like aluminum or the color of the iBook's rubber.

25. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Color? Not so much. Now a matte flat back instead of chrome that scratches when you look at it would be fine.