iPod Touch in store availability... (UK)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by anim8or, Oct 22, 2007.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Does anyone have an idea as to when the availablility of the iPod Touch will settle so you could just walk into a stroe and buy one instead of always being met with the reply

"Sorry we just sold out" followed by "and we dont know when we are getting more stock" or "we should get more in next week, enough to last a while" only for them to be sold out within hours....

Its understandable that these products are very popular but it has been almost a month now since there UK release and i still am finding it hard to buy one in store.

The closest Apple Retail store is in glasgow, i8 live in Edinburgh and everytime i have travelled through to get one on advice from a staff member on the phone, by the time i have gotten through there they are gone!

How long after iPhone release in USA did the numbers in stores settle, or are they still hard to get a hold of.....

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Amazon.co.uk have them in stock for next day delivery tomorrow. And they have an amazing returns policy. And they are £10 cheaper. And they're in stock. Did I mention that Amazon was your friend?

3. weckart macrumors 68040

Try Currys.digital (I know, spit). They stock 'em, too. The Applestore is probably the least likely to have any in stock.

4. RazerM macrumors member

I also tried to get one in Apple Store Buchanan Street, but ended up getting one from Amazon.co.uk with next day delivery.

5. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

£10 cheaper..... £199.00 is the same price that apple sell for.

Thanks for the advice anyway.... i would rather buy in store so i dont have a hassle should i need to return it.... online returns take ages!!!

6. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

What build week was it and has it been ok, you know no screen defects or anything like that?

7. chall5 macrumors regular

8. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

Again, which build week and are you ahppy with it....?

9. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Got mine from John Lewis is Bluewater, they had 4 8GB in stock and I got two (one for me, one for my brother) one was a week 38 and one is a week 39 (I kept that one for myself of course), I few hours later in the collection point where I picked my Touch up, they said they had no more 8GB or 16GB Touchs in stock... So they do sell out quick. Also, I went to the Apple Store and they siad they are all out of stock and have no idea when they are getting there next shipment in, but the John Lewis said got a shipment yesterday. This was last weekend BTW.

10. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

John Lewis have them in stock, plus on HotUKDeals there is a £20 off voucher mentioned. Not bad !

11. chall5 macrumors regular

week 40 and yes I'm happy now bite the bullet

12. torX macrumors newbie

Virgin Megastore Milton Keynes had about 5 in on Saturday, You'll have to ask though as they're not on display.

13. SneakerFreak macrumors member

John Lewis (Coles) has around 30 8gb and 30 16gb in stock lunchtime today.

I could see the 8gb models were week 39's but couldn't see the serial on the 16gb ones.

They also had a lot of Nano and Classics in stock.

14. Karl J macrumors newbie

Waitrose in Rushden (with a JL Home implant) had 8 and 16GB in stock this evening!:)

15. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

PSI got my 8gig iPod Touch today....

Went to currys.digital on Princes Street, Edinburgh....

They had about 10, some 8gb some 16gb.....

Its a week 39, i am happy to say that it is great, no dead pixels, screen is great no negative blacks, its just great, couldn't be happier!!!!

Now to find a suitable case, available in the uk... any advice or recommendations???

PS Thank you all for the advice so far!

16. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

just thought I would post from my touch and see how easy it is. Pretty good me thinks!!!

17. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Satisfying, isn't it. :)