iPod touch in stores - WiFi store coming soon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 4ndr3w, Sep 13, 2007.

1. 4ndr3w macrumors regular

The iPod touch is in stores now - which means the iTunes WiFi Store is also in the wild. Has anyone seen an update to iPhone yet? I haven't on mine.

What if the store app is already on the phone, and Apple just needs to flip the switch? Like the .mac Web Gallery was.

2. ftrtrk macrumors newbie

I had the same thoughts.

If the store is up and running and ready, we should see an update ASAP.

On the "flip-the-switch" part:

I really don't like this whole new thing with apple releases software updates and then waiting to turn a feature on. If they release the update, they should release it! If it's not ready until Thursday, release Thrsday - NOT MONDAY.

Maybe I'm just impatient, but seriously...

3. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

I played with the WIFI store today on an iPod Touch. It was pretty cool. I asked a salesperson when it will be enabled for the iPhone -- he didn't know. All he said was, later this month.

4. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

According to a USATODAY.com article there should be an update to the iPhone later this week. I hope this is true...

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/edwardbaig/2007-09-12-ipod-touch_N.htm?csp=34

5. 4ndr3w thread starter macrumors regular

Well. The work day is over today, and one workday left on Friday. I don't trust USAToady on Apple rumors, anyway.

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

7. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

well, they were right about the iPod Touch being released this week. They also stated that Apple told them this information, not a 3rd party source.

I was always under the assumption that we would see the iPhone update when iPod Touches started hitting the stores. So, hopefully we will get this update soon.

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

this was my first question as soon as I saw that the ipod touch was released. Hopefully it will come soon, i for one cant wait. This is exciting!!!