iPod touch Ipod touch internet anywhere with no hotspots

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by supakenny, Jul 10, 2008.

1. supakenny macrumors newbie

I was wondering if you can hack it so you can use the internet anywhere with the ipod touch. There was a guide on this forum on getting internet anywhere without hotspots but you need a windows mobile device. My friend somehow did it but he's currently in Europe right now so I can't get a hold of him. If you guys could help me out that'd be great.

OH yeah that link is here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=400881

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

you could always get an EVDO card and plug it into a cradle to get wifi

3. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

wish wifi coverage was better in the states. Sadly, it sounds like what you're looking for is an iphone.

4. christomo macrumors newbie

Is your friend back from Europe yet?

Is your friend back from Europe yet? If he is back from Europe and has done this spread the wealth. Alot of people want to know how to do this. Their has to be a way it can be done...

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

According to the first post in the above thread:
    "to do so you will need a windows mobile device with a data connection service"

So to do this, you would need to carry around a Windows Mobile + Touch. And pay for some kind of data connection service. Am I the only one who thinks why not just get an iPhone and save oneself the trouble?

6. leetskeetkris macrumors newbie

you could prob. do this with a blackberry too....that is if you pay att or ure carrier for tethering.

7. dudeofswim macrumors member

Yes it's called a data plan :) jj
    U need att or verizon etc
    Try iphonep

8. fimac macrumors member

I use JoikuSpot with a Symbian OS phone. It works very well, but drains the phone's battery rather quickly. Hope that helps!

(The Joiku application creates a Wi-Fi hotspot.)