Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
hi my ipod touch's internet connection fails when i am downloading an app from he app store and when it goes into the lock mode (the ipod turns off) i check to see if an app is done downloading and it says internet connection failed. why? my brother has an ipod touch 2.2 like mine and his doesn't do that! is there a setting i have on that makes it do that? also my email isnt working. when i first got my ipod touch i set up the email and over nite i got some e-mails when i turned my ipod on it said i had email now when i turn on my ipod it doesnt say a thing when i check on my computer it says i have email and then i check back on my ipod and it says no new e-mail but i can see the email i received that i alredy opened on my computer b.c on my ipod it was not showing as new e-mail....sorry for the confusion..:]

anywho please help :) thanks!

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
hi my ipod touch's internet connection fails when i am downloading an app from he app store and when it goes into the lock mode (the ipod turns off) i check to see if an app is done downloading and it says internet connection failed. why? my brother has an ipod touch 2.2 like mine and his doesn't do that! is there a setting i have on that makes it do that? also my email isnt working. when i first got my ipod touch i set up the email and over nite i got some e-mails when i turned my ipod on it said i had email now when i turn on my ipod it doesnt say a thing when i check on my computer it says i have email and then i check back on my ipod and it says no new e-mail but i can see the email i received that i alredy opened on my computer b.c on my ipod it was not showing as new e-mail....sorry for the confusion..:]

anywho please help :) thanks!

Do you have your emails on the computer when you're sleeping? If I leave Mail open and receive an email it wont appear on my iPod regardless of whether or not its new.

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Do you have your emails on the computer when you're sleeping? If I leave Mail open and receive an email it wont appear on my iPod regardless of whether or not its new.

Oh that explains why i dont get emails on my ipod but when i click on refresh i get the emails i already have on Mail on my ipod but they say they arent read they have that blue dot on the side. on the ipod setting what is the setting for the "Push" i have it on manual should it be that? and on the Push>Mail accounts they are set to just "Push"

how about when i have my macbook closed or shut down i still do not receive a thing on my ipod over nite...:/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.