Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brumbry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Hello,

I'm pretty new in the whole thing of jailbreak and stuff. I recently got an iPod touch with iOS version 3.2.1 and I went online to learn how to perform the jailbreak. I thought I successfully jailbreak it with Spirit since I got Cydia in there (which was pointed out as prove of success) but I also read that by jailbreaking the iPod I would be able to install almost all the apps that requires iOS 4 like Skype or Firefox. When I try to get them from the apple store I always get an error telling me I need iOS 4 (same as before the jailbreak).

Am I missing something here? Should I then try downloading iOS 4 to upgrade my iPod? :confused:

Any thought would be really appreciated, thanks! :)

Michael

Last edited:

macdatadrive

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2011
The city of Macintosh :)
I may wrong here, but sadly even jail breaking will not be able to allow you to install iOS 4 apps. It is the actual software, so even if it's jail broken you cant install them.
Written from an iPad so sorry if there are any typos:)

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2012
I also read that by jailbreaking the iPod I would be able to install almost all the apps that requires iOS 4 like Skype or Firefox.

This should work.

Step 1: Open Cydia up. Go to Manage>Sources>Edit>Add and add http://cydia.hackulo.us/ to the source list.

Step 2: After the source is done installing, go to Manage>Sources and click on Hackulo.us. Install Installous and AppSync for 3.2 (works for 3.2.1)

Step 3: After Installous and AppSync have downloaded, open up Installous and search for whatever iOS 4 app you want to install. Click on it then push Install and click on one of the links. After it is done downloading, click on the app from Downloaded and push Install.

iOS 4 apps running on 3.2.1!

Good Luck!
PM me, quote me or email me at ijoecoles@gmail.com if you need help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.