Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
Not a bad idea. And then they should shrink it down, do away with the touch interface, and add a video camera!

Oooh! And wouldn't it be cool if they came in 8 different colors?

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
Not a bad idea. And then they should shrink it down, do away with the touch interface, and add a video camera!

Oooh! And wouldn't it be cool if they came in 8 different colors?

I think you missed the joke (which was funny btw). He meant iPod nano being the iPod Touch compared to the iPad.

ChadJK

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
Flyover State, USA

If you actually read the article you referenced, the author didn't really do much to debunk the "myth" that the iPad is just a big iPod touch. As an iPad apologist, he failed big time on that point. In fact, he sort of concedes the point that the iPad is indeed just a big iPod Touch. All his article attempts to do is point out why we shouldn't care that that's all an iPad is.

Also, you may to try to avoid picking self-proclaimed Apple enthusiasts for reference. I typically prefer my sources to be a bit more objective.

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
If you actually read the article you referenced, the author didn't really do much to debunk the "myth" that the iPad is just a big iPod touch. As an iPad apologist, he failed big time on that point. In fact, he sort of concedes the point that the iPad is indeed just a big iPod Touch. All his article attempts to do is point out why we shouldn't care that that's all an iPad is.

Yeah, I felt the same way. "What did you expect, a cheezburgr?" Is that a serious argument?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.