iPod Touch & iPhone on same iTunes Account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cougar166, Apr 5, 2009.

1. cougar166 macrumors newbie

Okay, I have an iPod Touch 2nd generation and a 3g iPhone. Both units are registered in my name on my iTunes account but I want to play games between my wife and I (via wi-fi). Can this be done or do I need a second account?

I wanted to purchase a game on my iphone and also put it on the iPod Touch but I was thinking that it may not work.

What is the best way to do this?

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

You can buy apps once and put them on as many iphones or touches you have registered to your itunes.

3. cougar166 thread starter macrumors newbie

That, I found out. The only thing is, I have never tried to play a two-player game and I have no idea how it works. I am assuming that it will want to look for another account or something. Basically, before I buy a game that says it will allow for two players via wi-fi, I want to know if it will work using the two units on the same account.

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I guess it would depend on the app. If you're playing games over wi-fi, the developers could check if you're using two separately bought apps. If I were developing it though, I would just check over wi-fi for another instance of the app running.

5. cougar166 thread starter macrumors newbie

so in other words, it has nothing to do with using an account during game play? Again, I was assuming it was. I really don't mind paying twice if I have to. I don't want to have to set up a whole new account for a rare instance of 2 player game play with my wife. It just doesn't make sense to go through the hassle for a second account when she will never purchase anything.

6. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Use the same account and when you sync, they should transfer over

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Wifi / online games sometimes make you set up a playing account for the *game*, which would have to be unique for each device. But that would have nothing to do with your itunes account.

Go ahead and put the game on both you and your wife's devices, it should work fine.