iPod Touch is being shipped to the UK!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnnyboy360, Sep 7, 2010.

1. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

read a news article just now and they are getting reports of the new ipod touch being sent to UK houses!

2. ryanbridgwood macrumors member

I ordered Sep 1, 2010 at 11:43 AM PDT still saying not shipped yet. Delivery 9th- 14th. Hope I get it on the 9th but it's looking unlikely.

3. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

exactly what mine said and dont bother trying to talk to an apple employee cos they are all dumb as ****!

4. ryanbridgwood macrumors member

I just wish it would hurry up and be shipped, can't stand all this waiting around anymore! Agreed about the Apple employee's on chat. It's clear they are just typing information from a sheet.

5. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

I think I might have read the same article as you - suffice to say, it's annoying 'cause mine isn't, it would appear, any closer to arriving - It's still stuck at the "Not yet shipped" status that it's been at, since I ordered, on September 2nd at 3:13PM.

What's more strange, is that after ordering £249 was debited from my debit card, which has got to be from Apple. This morning, I logged into my Natwest account, and the £249 was missing (and my account was £249 higher than it should have been).

Edit -> Forgot to add, the expected "delievery date" is still between September 10th - 15th for me.

6. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

see the thing is i dont want to cancel it to find out that the stores aint getting them until next week and my order arrives on say friday so i will hang around and keep checking it. i HAS to be shipped tonight or tommorow cos they said 5-7 SHIPPING days then it will arrive 9th to the 14th. so just gotta wait...

7. Covart Guest

So what? You're pissed that UK customers who purchased the iPod Touch online are getting shipped before you? You do realize that UK customers can buy them online from the UK Apple store and shipping says 5-7 days, right?
    And since British customers have to pay nearly $400 for a 32GB iPod Touch, maybe they should have priority.

8. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

Same here - I was tempted yesterday to cancel, and buy it from Tesco (500 clubcard points, so that's around a fiver off the price - well kinda) but I don't wanna do so, and then find out they're not getting 'em for ages. Sooo annoying, especially as this is the first Apple product I've bought - I wanted to buy an iPod Touch last September - well, actually from around March 2009, but held off until September, because of the promised "camera" that never happened. So, flashforward to this year, and the 4G is exactly what I want...

... When it finally arrives :)

9. ryanbridgwood macrumors member

Johnnyboy360 is actually in the UK :)

10. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

I cancelled mine at 230pm today, then they took the money! ( well it is marked as reserved )

My expected delivery date was 9th to 14th but if it still hasn't shipped I'm think it's more the 14th.

Gonna take the gamble that there will be some in the bath store any day before then!

11. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

That's what I'm thinking - Mines 10th - 15th, but if it's gotta get here from China - if it was dispatched this very second, it's not gonna get here by the 10th, I wouldn't imagine.

12. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

i just wished my ipod would hurry up and ship! still says not yet shipped....