Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
you guys probably heard this a gazillion times but after 1 hour and 30 minutes of trying it myself i end up in the same exact place! ipod touch 2g will not turn on! i had it on 3.1.1 and i downgraded successfully to 3.0 i used my ipod on 3.0 for about 20 minutes then i decided to jailbrake after it jailbroke it had that pineapple running and it installed then it turned off and now it will not turn on! ive tried putting it in recovery mode... but it will not turn on at all the screen is black pitch black! the macbook will not pick it up and neither will the windows xp computer! what do i do?

ive done this so many times... it ussually wont turn on but i turn it on by putting it in recovery mode and it turns on after 30-45 secs of holding down the home and off button ive been holding it for 5 minutes and nothing! im kinda scared now....:(

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
lol i knew someone was going to ask this....! like i said before the ipod will not turn on. the computers wont pick up any device its like im just plugging in a piece of metal to my computer....

keikikyrag

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2009
You should try these 3 things because my ipod is doing the same exact thing...:p

1.) Try plugging it into your computer with the USB cord, open up itunes, and restore your ipod.

If that doesnt work...

2.) Try plugging it into an ihome or a wall charger, the odds are, it could be dead.

If THAT doesnt work, I suggest you...

3.) Call the apple store.

Sorry if this doesnt help,
PM me for any questions or comments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.