iPod Touch is now exactly like the iphone!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gan6660, Sep 9, 2009.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

If you think about it apple still sells the iphone 3g in 8gb for $100 less than the 3gs and since the touch has double the memory the new 32/64 gb touch is the same as the 16/32 gb iphone 3gs while the 8gb touch is the iphone 3g with the older hardware.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

me too.. care to explain gan6660??

PTP

4. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

Really what Im trying to say is that apple sells the old hardware at a cheaper price ($99 iphone 3g/ $199 ipod touch 8gb) while they introduce higher end new hardware with larger memory but keep the same design. The iphone 3g looks the same as the 3gs and the 3g is old so thats why its cheaper.

5. Konz macrumors regular

Yeah that totally makes it just like the iPhone... except without all that useless junk like a phone, camera, data service, etc. :rolleyes:

6. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I know like who needs a camera a cellpphone or unlimited data anyway? Like its just so useless like I hate unlimited data so much /dripping sarcasm.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I am lost though? Steve said that customers did not care about the camera and saw the thing as a gaming device, therefore they improved the processor and lowered the price?

I am going out on a limb on this next series of logic:
    A. Most cell phones have a camera
    B. Most people that have an iPod Touch, have a camera
    B1. Those users that do not have a cell phone, but have an iPod Touch are probably (for the most part) those that are young (14 and under) and were given the iPod as a gift.

Therefore, most iPod Touch users already have a camera in their pocket, and 9 year olds should not be uploading things to YouTube.

8. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

aahhh yes that makes it alot clearer for us all to understand :p

seriously though, i always kinda interpreted the ipod touch as an iphone without the data plans and you know the phone bit, but now apparently its a gaming machine..

So yea, ok in one light it is like an iphone, but then in others it totally isnt!! lol

:p

PTP

9. Miko macrumors member

Apple made practically no change to the iPod Touch so its no closer to the iPhone today as it was yesterday.

10. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

the NEW IPOD TOUCH IS A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO THE EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!! (star wars!)
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i want to slap somebody at apple!!!!!!!!!!.:eek:

11. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

Im not talking in terms of hardware but in terms of pricing and marketing. The iPhone 3g is a budget model while the 3gs is the high end model just like the 8gb touch is the budget model and the 32/64gb are the high end models.

12. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Then you might want to change your title, as it's a bit misleading.

13. Maven1975 macrumors 6502a

Apple is pissing me off lately.

What's up with the no camera in the iPod Touch? The technology is there, but you want us to buy an iPhone? Way to screw over your customers that don't want a monthly raping by AT&T.

BTW, I ditched my iPhone due to AT&T and I am not alone.

Thanks for nothing Apple.