iPod touch is so Sexy but i bought a classic

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ds252, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ds252 macrumors regular

I really am tempted to return my classic and get a 16GB touch even though 16GB is about half of what i would want to put on. I just want to make it work with this beautiful thing.

Can someone tip the scale to the ipod touch even though i like having everything on there.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I like having 'everything on there' as well, but then I looked at my actual listening habits and put together a playlist of all the artists and albums that I've actively listened to in the past year. It came out to about 10gb (out of my 40gb library).

That left me room for an anime series on the side, and I'm happy.

3. tangent7 macrumors newbie

well aside from the interface, the ability to connect to wifi sold me.

4. ds252 thread starter macrumors regular

Does apple take the 10% from returns only or also exchanges?

Also if i order from apple.ca does my local tax get added?

5. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Did you do that using a smart playlist? Any chance you could give me a quick tutorial on how you did it as I'm struggling to make any useful smart playlist.

6. chicagopepper macrumors newbie

I was caught in the same issue last week and decided that although I'd like 30GB for my music, I can make do with 16GB. Got the touch, and absolutely love it. There are so many plusses that you forget you don't have all your music with you, and with 16 gigs, I have only the stuff I really love on my ipod. It makes shuffle mode kick that much more ass too. Every song is a winner.

7. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

I like to have everything with me as well, but I really analyzed my listening habits, made a smart playlist with the most played 200 songs, and put my 3 most listened too playlists on it. Then I loaded up 5 episodes of House, and to my very very big suprise, I still have over 9GiB free! This super suprised me, because my library is over 50GiB

The interface is slick, WiFi access, beautiful big screen to watch movies on, and "more storage" than I was expecting. It really is a thing of beauty, and the coolest gadget I own. Most useful would probably be the Garmin Nuvi, but this one is definantly a close second!

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

haha how cool would it be if they made a wireless gps receiver and then gps software. surely thats possible

9. pauld macrumors regular

Smart Playlists Query

re: smart playlists,

i have loved the spontaneity of having access to my 60 odd Gigs of music during my daily two hour commute (in fact probably couldn't have faced it without the advent of the iPod)... that is, until my iPod died last week.

I really really want to replace it with a touch, & will obviously have to come to some compromise with well thought out smart playlists.

My question is (and this may be glaringly obvious), is it possible to include the entire containing albums of my most played songs?
    e.g. if i have listened to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' x100, is there are way to instruct smart playlists to automatically sync up 'Nevermind' in it's entirety?

I can't seem to figure this one out, & there is nothing more frustrating than having only a few tracks from an album on an iPod with no way of hearing it in it's entirety.

Thanks in advance.