Ipod touch......its like I can't even look at you anymore.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Natesac, May 29, 2008.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I got a 16 gig touch for christmas. It has been the love of my life ever since. I had a first gen 4 gig nano before, so it was a good step up.

but now.........

now I want that damn iphone soooooo bad. my cell # is ready to be realeased from sprint family plan with no pain at all. I got my tax return and my bush money just sitting in my account burning a hole in it. Now it is just a waiting game. I have seen the cheap refurbs and I have to tell myself NO everyday to keep from buying one. I want to be in line for the 3g iphone when it releases. (it has always been fun for xbox games, we usually get drunk in line)

I need to sell the touch, any suggestions? i think im going the craigslist route if I can't dump it on a friend or family member. Every time I look at it it makes me regret telling my dad......"I want the 16gig touch, don't get me the phone"

2. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

Why do you need to sell it? I'm sure I've heard about people who use a touch and an iphone.

I love my touch, but I really want the 3g iphone now.

3. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

Give it to someone you love, or sell it very cheaply. You'll feel all warm and fuzzy, and you'll enjoy your new iPhone even more...

4. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

I've got a 1st Gen Nano I'd like to be able to do that with. Problem is - it is engraved...

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You could try this marketplace here...

And don't ever regret when you ask your father for something and he gives you that!

And the iPhone is overrated

6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

iPhone is so much better than iPhone... if only u waited for iPhone 16GB... it was bound to come within a matter of time.. but you did ask for it.... iPod touch wont get you much on eBay.. just enjoy it while you can until the 3G iphone comes out..

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yea, clearly someone who likes their iPod touch, but wants a phone in it, needs to look else where from the iPhoone :rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

I've got a 1st Gen Nano too, but I think it's got a place alongside the iPhone. It's much easier to adjust the volume etc without looking (I've got an iPT at the moment) than it is on the iPT or iPhone. Having got the iPT I find I don't listen to music much on it as for me it's so much quicker and easier on the Nano. I'll be hanging on to mine.

9. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I sold my iPod touch in preparation for the iPhone. Got £170 for it. Pretty good I thought!

10. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

I got my 16GB iPod Touch at the end of September, right when they came out. My 4th gen, 40GB iPod half-way worked, so I figured it was time for an upgrade, and considering my cell phone contract didn't expire until this month, I decided to go with the Touch.

Well, two weeks ago I sold mine on eBay in preparation for the new iPhone. I was able to get $300 for it. Not as much as I would have liked considering how new it still is, but oh well. Now I'm just going crazy in anticipation of the iPhone. It's a good thing I recently graduated college and don't have much of a use for the iPod anymore anyway (besides yard work, working out, etc.) or I'd go completely insane I think.

Right now I'm completely without any Apple product. :( As soon as I get a job, I'll be ordering my first Apple computer.. a 24" Mac. I've been watching videos and tutorials and stuff and even the prospect of just buying a Mac computer is driving me nuts. I need this 3G iPhone soon to satisfy at least some of my Apple cravings!

11. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I have a 1gen nano as well, I just sold it to a close friend for $20. piano black with no scratches(that was hard!) I was going to sell the touch for $250 to any friend or family. It is engraved but I keep a cool cozip grip thing on the back of it anyway so it is not noticed. I can get away with selling it after I get the 3g iphone.

I have been keeping a iphone piggy bank for a while and I am stupid enough to pay whatever it cost for 32gig phone as it will be my primary phone and PMP. To me it is worth the cost as it is an upgrade for gps, ipod, phone, and more rolled into one. I am a heavy ipod user, I am in the car for hours a day and listen at work with the lil white earbuds i love so much. No internet at work and sometimes hours of downtime so I feel a 3g/gps Iphone is perfect for me.