ipod touch jailbreak post-problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bloody, Oct 12, 2007.

1. bloody macrumors member

After i jail-breaked my touch, i put some apps on it and stuff. So when i finally tried to sync back my songs and movies after i jailbreaked it, it said The software required for iPhone is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again. I tried doing that no luck, i tried forcing it to restore, but it would never get off the sync to iTunes image, unless i waited too shortly. I cant restore cause i cant sync to iTunes. Can someone help me?:confused:

i used this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=367253

2. match311 macrumors member

My roommate just jailbreaked his touch and is having the same problem. He is on a PC. But get this, we plug his touch into my macbook pro and all is well. I know this doesn't help much but it should be reassuring that its not fully broken or anything.

3. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

did you put the itunesmobiledevice.dll back? this happens if you dont replace that file when you are done with it

4. match311 macrumors member

Ok, we just fixed it. We uninstalled itunes and the "apple mobile devices support" in control panel. Then reinstalled itunes from apple's site, and it works.