IPOD touch JAILBREAK question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iStuffrules, May 6, 2008.

1. iStuffrules macrumors newbie

OK......i was jailbreaking my friend's iPod Touch with ZiPhone...

just like i did on my 1.1.4 iphone.... i restored his to 1.1.4 firmware and then plugged it into itunes...i waited for itunes to recognize it and then clicked jailbreak & activtate on ZiPhone.

It was working correctly with the codes appearing on the ipod's screen.....
    until it stopped and came up with the words:
    BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0

it comes up with this message again about every 5 seconds...
    I decided to let the iPod run out of batteries to see what would happen when i turned it back on again...and it just came up with this:
    BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 thing....im not sure what it is or how i can fix it so i thought i would ask you guys

the iPod doesnt show up on itunes and when i click kill ZiPhone it continues showing BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0..

please explain what i should do in a way where i can understand it....
    AIM screenname is byrntchikin (im usually on in case u wanna tell me how to fix it on there...just send a message sayin ur from here and u can help me)

2. Nadasive macrumors 6502

put it in recovery mode (hold home button and top button till it turns off, then let go of top button but hold the home button and then plug it in
    once thats done just restore to 1.1.4 and your fine) that tends to happen with ziphone very now and then
    took me 3 trys to get it perfect
    the 2nd time is when the keyboard kept freezing
    if that happens to you, let me know

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

its an ipod not the iphone there is no need to use the jailbreak and activate just need to use the jailbreak button that would be part of the problem.

4. iStuffrules thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i tried putting it into recover mode but when i do that and plug it into my macbook.....it doesnt find the ipod ..and therefor doesnt show up on my computer.....or in itunes.
    and also when i put it into recover mode (by pressing the top and home button and then just the home button), it will just turn off...then when i turn it back on, it starts with the normal ZiPhone codes and then:
    over and over again

5. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

You need the latest version of ZiPhone (3.0)...

6. iStuffrules thread starter macrumors newbie

um that doesnt help me ?

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

your doing the recovery method wrong.

let it go on about bsd error then plug into macbook, hold down home and the sleep key till ipod goes off keep them held down, when the apple logo appears let go of the sleep key only and keep hold of the home button.

8. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

hold power and home until the screen turns off (ignore the red slider) keep holding them until the Apple Logo appears and LET GO of the Power Button immediately but keep holding the Home Button until the Connect to iTunes image shows up. Then connect it to iTunes, Restore it and you should be fine.

A word of warning: Don't use ZiPhone 3.0! Use 2.6b it works much better, 3.0 doesn't work for me and a lot of other people.

allbrokeup

9. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I had the same problem using ziphone 3 on a mac. I actually had to reboot my mac after I installed ziphone, and was able to jailbreak my touch after I restored it.

Good luck, and hope that helps.

10. iStuffrules thread starter macrumors newbie

ok ty people.....i havent been able to do anything over the weekend because im so busy with school and stuff....

so i gave it to my friend so he could try his luck with it...

ill be sure to tell him all of these comments....ty again