ipod touch jailbreak restore?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by qwerty12345, Jun 2, 2008.

1. qwerty12345 macrumors newbie

guys i have 2 questions...

question no. 1 , i have the 32 GB model, new, and it got the 1.1.4 update, but when i jailbroke it, i installed an app that allows me to run 1.1.3 apps, but then on itunes the Soft. Update appears as 1.1.3 instead of the 1.1.4 i used to have, is that normal? my 1.1.4 apps still running...

and question no. 2, if i jailbroke it, but then in the future i want to get back to restore like if i just bought it, do i have to uninstall the jailbreak, or how can it be done? (sorry for my english, not my first language)

i appreciate your answers, tnx.

2. JAT macrumors 603

You just have to Restore to get it back to stock Apple firmware. Right in iTunes, or Ziphone has options.

You can easily change what firmware certain apps TELL you is loaded. If one thinks you're on 1.1.3, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I tried an app that did that to my 16gb and it scared me too. To change it back, just uninstall the app and restart. It worked for me.

I eventually just restored my iPod because the jailbreak was too buggy for my liking. Right now I am using an unjailbroken iPod.