iPod Touch Jan Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by llamalord13, Feb 17, 2008.

1. llamalord13 macrumors newbie

ok, so the january software upgrade comes out on the week of january 10 (or around there). i bought my ipod almost literally that weekend or a week later. so, just because Best Buy sells slow and i got an old model means i have to buy the $20 software upgrade!? bull. ive been searching the past month for some sort of legal info, something that might help me get it free. (and no, im not that obsessed with it. when i say last month, i mean like once or twice a week) it just angers me that :apple: just wants to suck the money out of me.

also, is there some way i can only buy the apps i want? i would like Mail, notes, the custom home screen, and the web clip thing. i don't need maps or stocks. is there some way i can do that so i can only buy those?

and how much space does the upgrade take on the ipod? just wonderin so i can plan ahead, in case i DO buy it.

2. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Retailers were supposed to discount older iPods $20 to make up for the $20 update.

Did you get your Touch for $20 off?

3. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Contact apple either by going into one of their stores or ringing them. As long as you can prove that you bought the iPod after the jan update was published you should be able to get it for free.

No you buy all the apps or none at all