iPod Touch keeps entering "Safe Mode"?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by pink.gumdrops, Aug 19, 2010.

1. pink.gumdrops macrumors newbie

I just jailbroke my iPod touch for a few hours ago, using redsn0w on my 4.0.2 iOS software, and after I install pretty much every app from Cydia, a dialog box pops up after I turn it back on notifying me that my iPod is now in "Safe Mode" because SpringBoard crashed, and telling me that to exit safe mode I must either restart my SpringBoard or my iPod. I have done both multiple times, but it still says it's in SafeMode.

Note: This is the second time I've tried jailbreaking my iPod; the first was a few weeks ago and with jailbreakme.com; and I had the same problem then, even when I was running iOS 4.0.

Is this just a problem with my iPod, or has anyone else had this problem, and know how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also: This could be a result of a Cydia app that I installed, but for some reason my lock screen wallpaper has been changed to a black screen with a dead-looking iPod in the center and "0000000F 00000003" underneath and "Sad iPhone by Geoff Stearns" in small font under that. I have tried going into the settings and changing it, and it tells me it's working, but then it stays the same. Anyone know how to fix that?

2. celticpride678

3. pink.gumdrops thread starter macrumors newbie

Orbit, SBSettings, Five Icon Dock, and Five-Column Springboard, all of which are no longer working. (Presumably because of the "safe mode.")

4. pink.gumdrops thread starter macrumors newbie

Alrighty, fixed it! Just had to uninstall a few Cydia apps. :3

5. staninfrance macrumors newbie

Safe Mode

I had the same "Safe Mode" problem. I had jailbroken both an iPod 2G and an iPad WiFi 3G.

I got the message first on the Pod. i didn't know what to do, so I restored it to its "factory settings."

Then I got the Safe Mode message on my iPad. This time I uninstalled a few apps, and voila!. I'm back in business. I really like having a jailbroken iPad.