Ipod Touch keeps rebooting on the passcode start up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GnarlyBro, Mar 5, 2008.

1. GnarlyBro macrumors newbie

After going on Installer, i uninstalled some stuff and updated some stuff, and I have this thing on the bottom right of my screen that let's me access things right away. I went straight from the installer and went to Safari on it. After that it just kept on rebooting. After every reboot, it would show the pinwheel spinning for a bit and then reboot again. I already tried putting it on the charger, updating the filmware, holding the menu and off button(restarting it)... Please help. It won't let me do anything.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

So I take it you've jailbroken your iPod? It looks like you've done all you can, sorry to say but if you're unable to do anything more it looks like you've got yourself an expensive paperweight as Apple won't do anything about it.

3. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

GnarlyBro, Try restoring to an older version of the firmware, like 1.1.1. It's definitely not dead like Ivan P suggests, unless there is in fact a hardware issue involved, which is doubtful.

Here's a link to the 1.1.1 firmware.
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70927.p23dD/iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw

Start the iPod up and connect it to iTunes. Hold the Power and Home button and when it powers off count to 6 and then release the power button. Keep holding down the Home button, and hopefully iTunes will recognize that an iPod is connected, but it doesn't know what model. Hit "Check" on the dialog and then proceed to restore the firmware with the one you downloaded above.

Good luck.

4. GnarlyBro thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed.

Thanks for your guys help, but the one thing i did not do was RESTORE.

The bad thing about it is that i lost all 4000 of my songs and lost all my jailbroken apps. But I figured that jailbreaking the ipod isn't worth what it can do to the Ipod Touch. So I'm going to just leave it the way it came.