iPod Touch Keeps turning off and turning back on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chimmy, Jun 26, 2012.

1. chimmy macrumors member

Hi

OK So I Have no idea whats causing this crash I don't think it's corrupted files because I am not getting any kind of corrupt file message plus the device only crashes when I tried to edit/crop a specific photo in the Camera roll which dose not affect the device such as like a different app

Any hue what To the I just pulled a screenshot of lock screen But when edit/crop my iPod Freezes/Crashes/Shuts down. I could see my iPod decides to turn off/turn back on No it dose not happen on all photos only on some photos

It is the then your iPod crashes my iPod goes discolored and turn blueish white turns off and turn dose anybody know whats causing the crash and knows how to fix it please help because I want to crop the photo. :mad:

2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

If you can back it up, please do. If you can get the pictures off the iPod Touch, that's a second-best choice.

Essentially you want to back everything up and do a full restore without restoring your applications/files. Check out the iPod Touch after that to make sure the hardware is working properly. Then restore your backed up files if that works properly.

You're right, it sounds like something got corrupted. What got corrupted? There's no easy way of finding out.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

DFU restore it and don't bother with the jailbreak. What use is a jailbreak on an iPod touch for a couple of lock screens.

4. chimmy thread starter macrumors member

No what you say I am not getting any kind of corrupt file message!