iPod Touch Lag/WiFi Lag

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rocktofakie3, Mar 30, 2008.

1. rocktofakie3 macrumors member

so Im in my house or even outside and when Im upstairs/downstairs (router/modem downstairs) using my wifi on the iPod right above the linksys router I some times go REALLY slow or sometimes websites like M.Myspace.com or even Myspace.com or even google won't load I have comcast cable and I know its not the router or the internet cause the family (not wireless lol) and my brothers (wireless) dont go slow I have tried it with out the to computers on and even off still going slow I dont have a password on my wireless and I know for a fact on olone else is using it through the options in the router settings... I have 742 songs 8 photos and 3 Downloaded Youtube videos and 1 movie (The Movie 300) I have no Contacts stored, I have 3 little short notes from High School. 2-3 Calender things i also have 25 webclips .... Are the photos the stuff that is slowing my iPod down and sometimes its not the net that is going slow... I am using 1.1.4 NON-jailbreak apps (I.e. Google Maps, Stocks, Weather, Mail) should I delete the picture they are not important and they are mostly for backgrounds PLEASE help... It shouldn't be going so slow for a ~2 1/2 month old iPod or since chirstmas :mad:

2. JAT macrumors 603

3. rocktofakie3 thread starter macrumors member

I have reset the Internet modem and the router we have that comcast phone and internet pair **** could that be it?

4. ShepUK macrumors member

Try switching the wifi router to a different channel ... you might be getting radio interference from something. (e.g. cordless phones, game console controllers, neighbour's wifi...). Selecting a different channel might fix that.

5. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Or you could move it away from things that might interfere (phones etc). But if its not secure, are you sure that other people aren't connecting to your signal? I know that used to be a problem at work, it would slow down our computers so we had to put passwords on it.