iPod touch loses playback settings/position after Safari use

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mazda 3s, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Mazda 3s macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

I have a 32GB iPod touch and am having a problem with it "forgetting" my place with music playback. I have my iPod touch in my car to play music, and I take it with me into my house to browse the internet from my couch or in bed.

However, I've found that after browsing around in Safari for a bit, then getting back into my car to pick up where I left off with music, the iPod touch completely forgets what track I was last on (and even the artist/album) and just throws me back to the main Artist listings tab when I call up "Music" from the home screen -- this means I have to scroll back through my library and start from scratch.

This doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough to piss me off incredibly. Does the iPod touch not have memory allocated to hold track positions/playback settings? I never had this problem with previous iPods, but I guess it's something that I have to get used to with a "convergence" device.

Or is there some workaround?

2. Mazda 3s thread starter macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

3. hamchapman macrumors newbie

I've personally never had that problem...but perhaps, like you hinted at, if you do a long session of browsing (thus requiring a lot of memory) then the memory of where the track was paused last, needs to be overwritten?

That seems like the only reasonable solution, but I'm certain someone else will have more knowledge.

4. Mazda 3s thread starter macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Yeah, the explanation sounds reasonable enough, but it's a pretty crappy problem to have :(