iPod Touch Mail Application

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by shad, Oct 31, 2007.

1. shad macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I've searched in the forum and havn't managed to find an answer to my problem.

I've installed the Mail application on my touch, but my problem is that it doesn't connect to my imap server successfully therefore unable to retrieve my emails. I know this as it prompts me when it checks for mail. However sometimes it does not prompt me and all there is in the inbox is text saying "Load 25 more Messages" despite there being no messages to begin with.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ok now I have been trying again and I have also changed the incomming port to 955, and I don't seem to be getting the "unable to connect" dialog anymore. It says at the bottom "Checking Mail..." and after a minute it stops and nothing happens!

2. uburoibob macrumors regular

Have you been able to collect ANY mail?

3. shad thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I have also tried my .Mac email account and it says that it cannot verify my account as the connection to mail.mac.com had failed.

Edit: I've just tried the .Mac account again and it has worked!

Any suggestions as to why my other account isn't working. It is a college email account and they have given me details of how I can check my mail with my ipod touch or email app. Using an IMAP and SMTP server. All the details I have entered are correct - I don't know what the problem is! It works with my Mac Mail (On my Macbook) just fine.