iPod Touch Mail & Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by legacyb4, Dec 19, 2007.

1. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

Has anyone gotten their Touch to sync successfully with Yahoo's IMAP service?

I keep getting the error:

"The user name or password for 'imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com' is incorrect'

My long standing account has had dismal luck with authentication which makes no sense since webmail works fine with my info. While I pretty much use Gmail these days, I thought it'd be neat to get Yahoo as well...

2. CopyChief macrumors regular

No, unless you have an iPhone with AT&T service, you can't get Yahoo IMAP. I was having terrible authentication problems with my Yahoo account both at home and on my iPod touch, too, even with POP. Instead I have my Gmail account check my Yahoo account and POP the mail to there. I have my iPod set up with IMAP via Gmail and it works beautifully. Gmail gives you the option to send from your other account, so people think I'm still sending from my Yahoo account. It's beautiful.

3. legacyb4 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I was afraid to hear... oh well. Gmail on Touch Mail gives you the option to send as a different account? Will have to play around with that and see how...

4. kcamada macrumors newbie

Ampersand & in password.

I could connect my ipod touch fine after taking an Ampersand & out of my yahoo password. Try that.

5. targadoll macrumors newbie

Sync iPod Touch Mail with Free Yahoo Mail

I was having the same problem today, so I joined this forum. I found that somehow my clock had reset and was displaying 7:00 pm Jan-01-2000, when it was really 10:00 am Mar-29-2009. I read post after post, and finally found one that helped. I learned that resetting the clock allowed me to sync my free Yahoo mail account with my iPod Touch Mail. Now it is back up and running fine. The only reason for this problem that I can detect is the fact that I didn't use my iPod Touch for about 2 weeks and let the battery drain completely. Apparently when you let the battery drain completely, the date resets itself to Jan-01-2000. Good luck! ;)

6. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

both my Yahoo accounts can be accessed through my touch over wifi.