iPod Touch makes weird beep when plugged into computer.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mjmar, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

My sister has a 1st gen. iPod Touch. It worked fine for awhile, but now when she plugs it into the computer via USB it makes a quick 2 beep noise and iTunes doesn't show the iPod. I'm wondering if this is a problem with her computer or her iPod. Is anyone familiar with this?

2. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Hmm, well mine use to always make the little 2 beeps when i plug it in, but it shows up on iTunes... reboot comp/ipod?

3. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

It doesn't even charge though, so I'm assuming that the computer doesn't know it's there.

4. synagence macrumors 6502a

If the iPod isn't set to be silent then it will make a double-beep when its plugged into a USB port.....100% normal.

Its possible that it was on silent or had all notification beeps turned off...

Nothing to worry about

5. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, it does usually make a double beep, but this time it sounds different.

6. matt26de macrumors newbie

did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same thing, and can't seem to find a way to fix it. Please let me know! thanks

7. creon macrumors 6502

Mine always chirps when i plug her in. Maybe the noise is normal...have you any friends that you can compare the noise to?

8. supermariofan25 macrumors regular

supermariofan25

Yes i have had this problem before, Is it JailBroken and using the idroid theme because that was the problem for me. Hope it helps:D