iPod Touch Malware

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by veo321, May 15, 2009.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

:eek: Recently I had an iPod Touch. It was great and I had just updated it to 2nd Gen. Then I decided to JAILBREAK IT! (WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE) unfortunately I download something from installous and it crashed my iPod Touch!!!! I am mad because now they have a Hackolous Security App you can download from your iPod Touch Intallous. And I know it was malware because when my iPod Turned on it gave me a error screen and refused to sync to computer I called apple they said they couldn't help. Bye Bye iPod! :eek:

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Once you jailbreak the iPod, Apple isn't going to help you and you shouldn't expect them to either.

3. armoguy94 macrumors 6502

Don't know too much about the 2nd generation iTouches and their jailbreak. However can you put it into DFU mode and reinstall it? Your iPod is probably not completely bricked.

4. veo321 thread starter macrumors regular

veo321

Yes it is, I've tried DFU mode recently it Worked great for about 10 minutes than the touch screen became unsensitive and it gave me a error and turned off. :eek:

5. WB2Colorado macrumors regular

WB2Colorado

Try restoring it again, it can't hurt it.

6. jake921660 macrumors regular

A DFU restore should get rid of all previous data. If its still not working after another restore take it back to Apple and dont tell them about the jailbreak.

7. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang