iPod Touch Maps misfunction - legit warranity?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adudeinblue, May 19, 2008.

1. adudeinblue macrumors newbie

I just got my original ipod touch replaced at the store on Sunday. I was playing with it and I noticed the map works better than my original one. Like my original one didn't or couldn't find my current location, but this one did. The only problem is that it locates me in Kansas while I'm in Davis, California, totally off.

I was wondering if it was a legit reason for me to bring it to them and fix it? I know it's not a big deal, but I would want to get my waranity worth since I paid so much for it.

I'm just happy that they replaced my old one because of weird dead pixals caused from the ear pieces. Don't know if the map function is worth going back for.

Does everyone else's ipod touch current location work perfectly? or is the function doesn't work

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Umm...nothing is wrong with YOUR ipod, its the Skyhook thingy that tells your computer where you are located from Wifi signals. Your lucky, mine says Location Not determined

3. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Edit: Stupid forum... lol

long story short dont take it back, nothing is wrong with your ipod and your new one that you exchange for might have tons of dead pixels etc

My "determine location" doesnt even work at all

4. aethelbert macrumors 601