iPod Touch Microphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by arsenalgear, Apr 2, 2009.

1. arsenalgear macrumors member

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how you hook up a microphone to a 2nd gen iPod Touch? I want to give Skype a try.

Thanks! :apple:

2. itouchaddicted macrumors regular

i think I can help on this

:) hi
    I recently bought an itouch 2nd gen and am really impressed by it, mostly because it has a built in speakers and thus now an itouch can be used to make free calls over the wifi. You can buy headphone(for iphone) with inbuilt mic from the ebay.The iphone headphones works perfectly fine with itouch 2nd gen. I just bought one for $5 and is working great for me. Then you can download truephone or fring and then u r good to go.!!!!!!!!!!:apple:

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

go to the apple store and buy their headphones with the microphones built in.

4. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Use the search bar in the upper right corner please. There are a lot of other threads on this.

5. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

or mroogle

6. wardev macrumors regular

buy a microphone or headphones with a microphone, plug it in and it works.

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Not all third party microphones and headphones with microphones are compatible with iPod touch and iPhone.

8. mo-no macrumors newbie

There are several vendors out there, but you can also build one yourself, take a look at: http://mo-no-e.blogspot.com/2009/07/ipod-touch-2g-microphone.html, it's simple and cheap.

9. ncjazz macrumors newbie

I just downloaded Skype on my 2nd gen iPod. During the setup, the test failed, I cannot hear my recorded voice back. I have a Blackberry 8830 with mic/earbuds as well as an adapter to fit into my iPod that I used during the test.

Do I need to purchase Apples $29 mic/earbuds or could my problem be something else?

Thanks!