iPod Touch Movies

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DrawnToLife, Oct 19, 2009.

1. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Just a quick question for y'all.
    Is it worth it to put HD music videos on my iPod Touch. I don't have too many, and I have a 32GB iPod, so yeah. HD music videos are about 50-100MB large, but once again, I won't have to many. But can you notice a difference from HD and not?

Edit: And Of course I try to load something in HD and it says that the file type is unsupported.

2. JAT macrumors 603

There is no point in putting a high-rez movie on a device with a 480x320 screen. Really, that is its maximum resolution.

There is some worth to more rez if you plan on playing said movie on another screen, but there are certainly better ways to transport HD around than an iPod Touch.

Oh, and the specs say it won't take higher than 640x480, which is far less than any HD rez. Not sure, there may be a way to get around that these days, but still...for what.

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

If it plays on your Mac and not on your Touch try Air Sharing your vid.'s to the Touch and opening them from that app. instead of iTunes.

4. hajime macrumors 68030

I have a similar question. I am watching TV through a desktop PC. I consider to save the movie/drama to the internal HD and then transfer the video file to the iPodTouch. How many GB does it take to store a 1-hour worth of TV movie/drama?

5. DrawnToLife thread starter macrumors regular

One hour should be around 400 MB according to some website whose name I forget.

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I'v been encoding at about 350MB for each hour and they look excellent on the Touch, pretty good on my Mac and very watchable on a TV.

Attached Files:

7. hajime macrumors 68030

Thanks for sharing.