iPod Touch music syncing issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by no-direction, Dec 25, 2007.

1. no-direction macrumors member

Hello from a long-time reader who rarely posts!

I received an iPod Touch for Christmas and after much puzzling, I've not managed to be able to play any music on it yet.

During syncing, music is copied over to the iPod (it takes up the space!) but is not visible under the 'music' button. Photos and contacts sync and are viewable fine. This is rather frustrating given that it is an iPod, bought to listen to music on.

The same audio files sync perfectly to a 4G iPod and play absolutely fine. I've tried a restore of the iPod Touch but get the same results. iPod software is version 1.1.2.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

Nik

2. no-direction thread starter macrumors member

OK, so just to update - I've managed to try this on a PC running Windows XP SP2 and the music displays fine in the 'music' section of the iPod Touch.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this wouldn't be working when the sync is done with my Mac? I'm running a 20" iMac, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, Mac OS X 10.4.11, iTunes 7.5.

Any suggestions welcome!

3. Quit / macrumors newbie

I can't get my touch to sync with my g4 iMac. It will load some music in and then crash. I have noticed some files are copied but won't play (they have the "!" next to them). The 'bad' files work on iTunes and I can even burn them to a cd. Is this similar to your problem? Or does the music become totally hidden on your pod?

4. no-direction thread starter macrumors member

Quit / - the music becomes totally hidden on my iPod - selecting the 'music' button fails to show any music at all! The problems are similar though in the way that the files work fine in iTunes and can be burnt to CD fine - they even transfer perfectly to a 4G iPod and an iPod Photo!

5. humanfly macrumors newbie

reply syncing problems ipod touch

I'm having the same issues. Whenever I sync files from my computer to my ipod, (especially those dled through itunes) they show up in my ipod information under (about) settings in the song/video count but not in the application areas where I can use them. Can someone please help explain the issue. I have already tried setting it back to factory standards but to no avail.

please help!! Much appreciated!

6. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Try using a different computer.
    My only other guess is you have a defective iPod touch.
    Call Apple if you can't get any other help.

7. Shinhaeyo macrumors newbie

My problem is i cant delete my music because when im syncing of some files i the music on the computer that i dont like goes to my ipod too then when i am trying to delete it on itunes i cant!! I really dont like those music.. Please contact me by using facebook elishamonica_alonsagay@yahoo.com please help me guys! Thank you