iPod Touch - need help clearing 'suggested emails'

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by s0nginmyheart, Apr 13, 2010.

1. s0nginmyheart macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Whenever I try and send an email via my ipod touch, there are certain suggested emails that come up on the screen. These emails are not in my contacts, and were emails I sent to once or twice several months ago. I've deleted my 'email accounts' on the ipod, but these suggested emails still remain when I set up my email account again, and again they are not in my contacts/address book.

How do I clear this, if not permanently?

Any help is most appreciated. Thanks in advance~

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

In mail on your computer (not your iPod), click on the menubar "window" and then Previous Recipients. Clear the offending addresses from there and next time you sync you should be fine. I go in that window from time to time and delete all of the previous recipients so that it is nice and neat. No effect on Address Book, they will repopulate as you send new email to the person.

3. s0nginmyheart thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, when you say "in mail on your computer" are you referring to within iTunes or something else? Sorry I'm still sort of a newbie to this. I've only used my ipod for music but have been using it a bit more with emails lately.

4. skybolt macrumors 6502a

No, in Mail app. Where you compose email messages.

5. s0nginmyheart thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm confused! :( sorry.

Maybe I should clarify...

I set up a Yahoo email on my ipod a few months ago, sent a few emails from that account. And then deleted the account off the ipod.

I set up Gmail on my ipod recently, and the emails I sent via Yahoo account pop up as suggested emails.

On my computer, I do not use Outlook/ Outlook Express. I only use Gmail/ Yahoo email via their websites.

Does that make a difference? Can I still clear the suggested emails?

6. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Not sure because I don't use webmail, but I think, when the offending email address pops up in the suggested list, that you can just delete it from the list using the delete key. If that doesn't work, someone else will have to help you.

7. s0nginmyheart thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried seeing if I could delete them individually when they pop up, but it didn't work. The weird thing is that, some of them even have a 'first name, last name + email' when I've NEVER ever put the address in my contacts. I guess it's just the information from whenever I 'reply' to an email... but this is really strange!

8. s0nginmyheart thread starter macrumors newbie

Still trying to find a solution...

A little bit if info I just realized, the 'offending' emails were associated with my Yahoo email account...

9. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that! I've had loads of random old email addresses stuffing that up and didn't realise it could be cleared :)