iPod Touch Network/VPN Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by doomnote, Nov 16, 2007.

1. doomnote macrumors newbie

I am already well aware that the iPod Touch does not support 802.1x and therefore no LEAP authentication. My question has to do specifically with connecting to my school (Cal Poly Pomona). I was just hoping someone out there with some more knowledge of networking could help me out.

Our school has a "GUEST" network which does not require a password and which allows basic web access and VPN. I can connect to the network with full bars, however it seems I am not given proper DNS or something - no web pages load and I have no access to the schools VPN.

Here is what is given to me upon connecting:

IP Address: 134.71.89.138
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.128
    Router: 134.71.89.129
    DNS: 134.71.4.100, 134.71.5.100

It's been a long time since I studied networking but it seems like the Subnet should not be ending in 128. And isn't there a manual DNS address I can enter in which will fix the problem. I remember having networking problems before on PC's and whatnot and entering in manual DNS addresses and gaining web access that way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Michael

2. elcid macrumors 6502

Looks good to me. Subnet mask can be anything from 0-255.

If thats what it is giving you thats what you get. Talk to your local IT to see if that is the correct IP you should be getting on.