Ipod Touch New model

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shawn9106, Dec 29, 2009.

1. shawn9106 macrumors newbie

I have not got a ipod touch yet but thinking about it. Iphone are to expensive with the extra contracts you have to have with family and i heard about the New ipod touches having camera and video camera. If so im always recording music and taking pictures and putting them on youtube. That is one reason why i want the Iphone with a video camera and camera. They are like little computers they do everything but dies anyone no when the new Ipod touches come out with the camera and video camera ? :D

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Most likely there will be no new ipod touches until next fall, and there is no telling whether they will have a camera or not.

3. shawn9106 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. zacksba Guest

who are"'They"? I have not seen any apple announcements on this? I would love to see an Ipod touch with some new enhancements though, but I am not going to hold my breath for it.

5. shawn9106 thread starter macrumors newbie

Some of the other threads on here. From Apple rumors and mac rumors a\from people like that that have started stuff

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

If you are looking for Apple "Announcements" than why are you on the Mac{rumors} forum. But OP I doubt Apple would release an iPod Touch with a camera so soon. But they did bump capacities mid-cycle once

7. zacksba Guest

Actually, I am on the macrumors forum because of all the info that is here that I can benefit from and provide for ipod touch users such as myself. I probably should have rephrased my question to ask if there was a specific official apple announcement on this, as I did not hear about one. I would bet though that once there was (if there was) an official apple announcement, that it would be reported and rehashed here several times on this forum (as well as many other forums and blogs out there).

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

When there is an official announcement, it will be on the front page (www.macrumors.com). But Apple never makes official announcements until the product is ready to release. They are not going to put out an announcement like, "We are planning to include a camera with the next iPod touch which we will be releasing sometime in the spring/fall."

9. zacksba Guest

obviously, but the question I asked (which was answerd by the op) to the OP was what the source was. I was not sure if I missed anything "official". The front page is something I try to check regularly and I did not recall seeing any definitive reports, but I was not sure if I missed anything "official" that may have been re-reported by this site. thank you.

10. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

All of them are only rumors. If you look back through the threads, people said that an iPod touch with camera would be out last October, then early December, then by Christmas, then in the spring, etc...

Apple has had an iPod Touch update in the spring only once with all the other updates occurring in the fall. Nobody knows when the update will occur except Apple but the odds favor this fall. Also, like other posters have mentioned, there is no guarantee that the update (when it happens) will have a camera.

11. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I don't think a Camera is really all that big of a deal. My ipt will be here soon and I can't wait.

12. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

If anyone knew when one with a camera was coming out, no one would be buying the 3rd Gen.

13. na1577 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

This leaked in August 2009, meaning there was already a working prototype in time for September. Would Apple really have it ready if they intended to release a camera-equipped touch in September 2010?

Spring is probably a safe bet. If there is a tablet event on January 26, the touch will probably be released the same day.

14. shawn9106 thread starter macrumors newbie

15. JAT macrumors 603

Well, that thread is really just people saying, "this would be cool."

The 3G IPT has space for a camera, the photos prove that. And the Nano released at the same time includes camera and FM radio. So now we want those things.

But the IPT came out in Sept, and both revisions since have been in Sept. I think the quite similar iPhone also has been annual updates, in terms of hardware. So, unless they decide to do a quicker update for the first time, Sept is currently the best bet.

16. shawn9106 thread starter macrumors newbie

If they had a camera and video camera on it i would leave right now and get one. Im reall big on Things that do it all. They do everything fast internet games music movies all of it and if they had the camera and video it would be a bigger success. They have good camera quality and video quality its like having a camera and computer all in one

17. JAT macrumors 603

Well, I guess "good camera quality" is quite subjective. I wouldn't use any device like this for anything I really wanted. Not enough in the lens department. A good lens costs way more than the iPod.

18. crunch1226 macrumors newbie

Me too. I'm glad the touch doesn't have a camera. I think the current functionality is perfect and I like that the touch is thinner and lighter than the iphone. The picture quality would have to improve tremendously in order for me to use the camera.

19. ronster22 macrumors member

I just want GPS / compass, forget the camera.

20. JAT macrumors 603

Well, I kinda want the camera, since it is clearly on Apple's mind. Part of the reason I haven't upgraded from my 16GB 1G, yet. I would use it just for quick stuff to get a pic or quick video, if it is better than my RAZR, which shouldn't be hard.

If GPS in 3G, I would have upgraded, without the camera. Agreed.