Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 7, 2002
Why would they omit this? Didn't want it to be too Palm/PDA-like? To leave more than just convenience reasons for getting the iPhone? Forgot it? Didn't think customers would want it?

This is such a glaring omission to me because AT&T is so bad where I live that I couldn't handle it, I love/hate Treos (PalmOS is so good but god it's so old and annoying and crappy I cannot even fathom it anymore), and I constantly carried my big 80gb iPod and Treo around, or would carry my big iPod and iPhone around (but have terrible wireless service). I'm so torn now. I'm glad I waited to buy my new phone until after today, because I definitely want an iPod Touch, but man... maybe I should get another Treo because without scheduling syncing up with iCal, I seriously forget a million things and implode. :(

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Why would they omit this? Didn't want it to be too Palm/PDA-like? To leave more than just convenience reasons for getting the iPhone? Forgot it? Didn't think customers would want it?

This is such a glaring omission to me because AT&T is so bad where I live that I couldn't handle it, I love/hate Treos (PalmOS is so good but god it's so old and annoying and crappy I cannot even fathom it anymore), and I constantly carried my big 80gb iPod and Treo around, or would carry my big iPod and iPhone around (but have terrible wireless service). I'm so torn now. I'm glad I waited to buy my new phone until after today, because I definitely want an iPod Touch, but man... maybe I should get another Treo because without scheduling syncing up with iCal, I seriously forget a million things and implode. :(

It does have the Calendar app.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 7, 2002
Oh... wow. I'm embarrassed. I didn't even see it for some reason.

Hooray!!! iPod Touch! :D

(Feel free to delete, mods. Sorry!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.