iPod touch no longer being recognized in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bacong, May 5, 2009.

1. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I bought Myst from the app store on my iPod last night, and when I plugged it into my computer, it attempted to sync Myst to it but it wouldn't make any progress. Was taking an impossible amount of time, so I canceled it. Now iTunes won't recognize it. I can't see it in Disk Utility either (although I'm not sure that is possible)

Anyway, I've tried restarting iTunes and the iPod and neither has resulted in success. Ideas?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

How about deleting Myst from the Touch, then trying syncing with iTunes? If it syncs ok, then download the Myst app again via iTunes (it'll be free to redownload), and then sync the Touch through iTunes. Might work.

4. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

It's recognizing now, but is seriously not syncing Myst to this computer. Why is it doing this?

And I tried re-downloading Myst from my computer and it wants to charge me the 5.99 again.

5. JediSkipdogg macrumors member

My guess is because of the size of the file it's taking forever. I recently bought a mapping application that was 120 MB in size and it took 20-30 minutes to sync the application one time. With Myst being 5 times that size I can't imagine it going fast.

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

It shouldn't charge you again. It'll tell you it's free once you've confirmed you want to get it