Ipod Touch, No response from Screen Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AmbiguousNinja, Jul 25, 2011.

1. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Help! My sister's ipod touch is stuck on the lock screen (with the number pad open. It's not responding to any of the buttons or a touch on the screen. How can I fix this?

2. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

Did she drop it or something? From my experience, my digitizer broke after dropping it 4 ft off the ground. I could still turn on the display with the home button, but whenever I touched the screen nothing would happen.

It could be another problem though, that's just my guess. There are replacement parts out there, and they're not too expensive. I've been too lazy to fix mine :eek:

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Try holding down the top and home button at the same time and see if it does anything. Try plugging it into iTunes too and restoring it.

--

If you still have the warranty bring it in to Apple.

4. Diamons macrumors newbie

Try turning it off and then back on, then try restoring it. If all fails, take it in to Apple and if you don't have warranty you can fix it yourself.

On my 1st Gen iPod Touch it's literally a thin piece of plastic that u nudge into the main board. So easy to fix unless the components are damaged. The little plastic probably fell off.

5. AmbiguousNinja thread starter macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Thanks, I already figured this out but since you said this I'll quote you :p Thanks anyway!