Ipod touch no-work.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ivorito, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ivorito macrumors member

Dec 29, 2010
    Okay, my ipod hasn't been working for the last week or so. It is a 1st generation iPod touch and i would be lying if i said i kept it perfectly; it's lock button does not work and there are scratches and stuff. Anyway for the last year or so i have been using it with a broken lock button so i have to keep it on all the time and recharge/turn on with the aid of a computer. But now it will not turn on. When i plug it in, the screen lights up with the apple logo for approximately 30 seconds and then turns off again. I read elsewhere a way of possibly fixing this was holding the lock and home buttons for x amount of time. But my lock button doesn't work so i don't know what to do? I know its really time to get a new ipod, but time is urgent as i have a rather large house party happening soon so being fixed soon would be lovely. What should i do? thanks :D
  2. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    Make appointment to Apple Store genius bar and see what they can do.

New iPod touch is $199.
  3. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

Jun 27, 2011
    California, USA
    Maybe get some $$$ from recycling it and buy a new one. It's now $199 for the new one, but for $299 you get four times the memory (8GB vs 32GB). ;)